I LOVE this book and probably a dream I would love to experience one day!
Archives for September 2014
I have taken the train a few times to Reading and one of the stops along the way is Virginia Water, from the train stop, its seems to be a stop between somewhere and nowhere and if you do the journey occasionally the train stop at every stop and go on an on.
Fortunately I drove, and with easy access from the M25, it is a very easy journey, with a dedicated car park (paid though).
The park is 4 miles around and very well kept. There is a little shop so you can stock up on drinking water or maybe something to kibble however I would suggest to pack a picnic basket and enjoy the tranquil surroundings. It is well worth visiting and a great day out.
|Entrance to the park|
Saying that, there are still the steals in London.
Low cost Airlines – so you noticed that there are hundreds of flights in and out of London on a daily basis. With good planning you can still find a cheap flight to London –
- Ryanair to Stansted/Luton or Gatwick – http://www.ryanair.com/
- Easy Jet to Stansted/Luton or Gatwick – http://www.easyjet.com/
- Wizz air …..
Accommodation – so you searched for places to stay and found the price OUT OF THIS WORLD.
My suggestion is search a little bit afield.
For Heathrow arrivals good connections are from –
- Kew, Chiswick or Brentford
- Richmond or Kingston are also good choices.
- Clapham (Junction, high street) or Battersea
- Wandsworth, Wimbledon or Putney are also good
- What you could do – Waterloo to London Bridge recommendation
- What you could do – London Bridge area recommendation
- … is have dinner at Gelata Pera – Brentford
- … having dinner at Cafe Rouge
- …is having dinner at Burger and Lobster
Some of my favourites are:
Read about my favourite beach, restaurants, clubbing, roof top pool bars and what not.
Anyway, read it here.